Terms and Conditions for Hire and Use of The Barn at Ffosyrodyn
“The Barn” is an events venue at Ffosyrodyn Farm (Ffosyrodyn). The “Client” is the person or persons booking the venue. “Guests” are invitees of the Client. The term “event” includes but is not limited to Wedding, Wedding Reception, Party, Disco and Show.
Ffosyrodyn is a working farm and accordingly all visitors must exercise appropriate caution. Vehicles and their contents are left at the user’s risk. The premises operates CCTV.
For all events at The Barn we require a non-refundable deposit of 10% of the venue hire at the time of booking. The remaining venue charge will be payable one month before the event. A minimum £500 Bond deposit will also be taken prior to the event. This will be refunded to you unless we need to cover the cost of any damage caused during the event – for example, but not limited to, broken windows, damage to woodwork, paintwork, furniture, broken crockery. Should the value of damages exceed the Bond, Ffosyrodyn will seek to recover costs incurred.
We ask you to note that the venue hire charge includes the use of vehicle parking, The Barn and its bar, and includes bar staff for the event, banquet chairs and either round banquet tables, trestles, bistro tables or combinations thereof. All table cloths, chair covers etc are at your own expense and to be organised by yourselves. The provision of our stage is also included when requested.
Use of our commercial kitchen is for professional caterers with appropriate food hygiene certificates. For smaller events such as parties, use of the kitchen will attract a fee.
Vehicle parking is provided in the car park. Unless expressly permitted, no vehicles may access The Barn and/or other parts of Ffosyrodyn. All access routes must be kept clear.
CLIENT/GUEST USE OF PREMISES
1. Ffosyrodyn has statutory obligations which are incumbent upon The Barn relating to Alcohol Licensing, Fire Regulations, Health & Safety and others. It is therefore the obligation of all clients and their guests to comply with these requirements and to follow directions by staff in relation to them. Failure to comply with the requests of a member of our team will result in you and or your guests being asked to leave the premises.
2. All alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages must be supplied by The Barn, unless otherwise previously agreed.
3. All food must be served in accordance with HACCP regulations and a copy of the caterer’s Personal Food Hygiene Certificate will be requested before use of the kitchen.
4. Clients and their guests shall not act in an improper or disorderly manner. They shall also leave promptly at the appropriate time and comply with reasonable demands of the staff. If your guests do not leave promptly, you will be charged for additional staff time.
5. Any damage caused during the course of the event will be charged and the Bond, or a portion of it, will be retained to cover these costs.
6. Children must be supervised throughout their visit to Ffosyrodyn and special note is drawn to the fact that we have lakes, a pond, a fast-flowing watercourse, banks, a quarry, livestock and general farming equipment with associated hazards on site.
7. Naturally, we expect to have to clean thoroughly after your visit, however, any additional cleaning that Ffosyrodyn regards as unreasonable will be charged for from the Bond.
8. Fireworks are only permitted through the use of a registered professional firework display company.
9. Sky lanterns and helium balloons are not permitted.
10. Drones, if used, are only to be operated by someone in possession of the applicable licence(s), which must be provided prior to any drone operation.
11. All types of confetti used must be biodegradable e.g. flower petals.
12. Chocolate fountains and the like are not permitted.
13. Candles, sparklers and other such naked flame items are not permitted.
14. No dogs allowed as we are a working farm.
15. We have a zero tolerance to drug use at Ffosyrodyn.
16. Other restrictions may be imposed and or introduced as is deemed necessary.
The Barn offers the bar until midnight. An extension until 02.00 is available for an additional £500.
ALCOHOL IN THE BARN
To comply with our Premises Licence, all drinks consumed at Ffosyrodyn must be purchased from our bar. Any drinks found on the premises that have not been purchased from our bar will be subject to a flat rate corkage charge of £200. This will be retained from the Bond.
We may be able to source particular drinks outside our standard range and these will be quoted for on request. You will be liable for the cost of any that remain unsold at the end of the event.
CANCELLATION BY THE CLIENT
In the event of a cancellation by the client, all payments made are non-refundable, therefore we strongly advise that wedding/event cancellation insurance is taken out. In all instances, cancellations must be made in writing and will be effective on the date they are received by Ffosyrodyn.
CANCELLATION BY FFOSYRODYN
The event may be cancelled by Ffosyrodyn should any of the following circumstances occur:
1. The Barn or any part of it is closed due to circumstances beyond the control of Ffosyrodyn. In the event of cancellation for this reason, Ffosyrodyn will refund any advance payments and thereby absolve themselves from any future liability.
2. The insolvency of the clients. In this instance Ffosyrodyn will not refund any advance payments.
3. Failure to pay deposits and instalments as required will result in the cancellation of the contract. In this instance Ffosyrodyn will not refund any advance payments.
4. Any other circumstances which, in the sole opinion of Ffosyrodyn, would lead to the reputation of The Barn at Ffosyrodyn being damaged or damage being caused to the property. In the event of cancellation for this reason, Ffosyrodyn will refund any advance payments subject to costs, and thereby absolve themselves from any future liability.
POSTPONEMENT OR CANCELLATION DUE TO A PANDEMIC OR OTHER UNFORESEEN CIRCUMSTANCES
In the event that your event cannot take place owing to a pandemic or similar situation outside the control of Ffosyrodyn and the client, Ffosyrodyn will endeavour to help all clients as far as possible.
If we are unable to host your event on the booked date owing to legal restrictions imposed on us by Government (UK, Welsh or Local) then we will offer a postponement date. All monies paid to date will be transferred to that new date. Prices for the date of booking will be honoured unless the new event date falls within a more expensive time period. Where a postponement is not possible, a cancellation will be offered. In the event of a cancellation for the above reasons, a refund of the monies paid to date, less a sum to cover our costs will be given. This will represent a percentage of the initial deposit paid and include event planning time.
If you choose to postpone your event for a second time for any reason, Ffosyrodyn will move your event to a new date, but will retain 50% of your initial deposit and charge the full price for your new date.
Where Ffosyrodyn is able to host your event, but is restricted in terms of numbers:
If the restrictions limit guest numbers to below 30 in the venue at any given time, the above policy will still apply. If 30 or more guests are permitted to attend the event, then it will be considered a reasonable alternative to your original booked event. A decision to cancel on the part of the client due to the reduction in numbers above this level will result in the loss of the whole deposit. All other monies paid will be returned to the client.
ACCESS TO FFOSYRODYN
Access for decorating the Barn is permitted from 14.00 on the day before a full day event unless otherwise agreed. Should your decorations need more time than this, then The Barn can be booked for £150 for the whole day (9am to 8pm) payable one month before the event. All decorations must be removed by the client within a 2 hour agreed time, the day after the event.
Access for decorating for an evening event will be during the morning of that event unless otherwise agreed.
You will be required to vacate the Venue at the end of the Hire Term
1. The client shall be liable for any loss or damage to the property of Ffosyrodyn, The Barn, its patrons or any item(s) within all buildings and grounds.
2. Ffosyrodyn will take all reasonable steps to fulfil its obligation in respect of any event, to the best of its ability and in accordance with the details provided, but it reserves the right to provide alternative services of at least the equivalent standard and at no additional cost to the client. Any reasonable alternative will be considered as a fulfilment of this contract.
3. Notwithstanding the above terms and conditions, Ffosyrodyn will not be liable for any failure to perform its obligations to the client in whole or in part as a result of any of the following circumstances:
(a) Strikes or industrial action
(c) Act of God
(e) Civil commotion
(f) Failure of service
4. Ffosyrodyn reserves the right to add any new or additional tax imposed by lawful authority, which was not known when the contract was made.
5. Any form of entertainment booked by the client for an event held at Ffosyrodyn, will be entirely the responsibility of the client. We will require a copy of their public liability insurance.
6. We would strongly advise you to take out adequate Wedding/Event Plan Insurance for your event bookings, should one of the above clauses being brought into effect either by the client, Ffosyrodyn or enforced Government restrictions.
THE CLIENT AGREEMENT
It is the client’s responsibility to appraise their guests that due to the large area and natural environment of our venue (complete with woods & ponds) children must be supervised by a responsible adult at all times. Whilst we encourage guests to enjoy the natural environment on our site, please note that care must be taken as paths, walkways, banks, slopes and steps may be uneven or slippery, particularly when wet, but also at night, as there is limited lighting offered in many areas.
The Client understands that Ffosyrodyn cannot accept liability for the Client’s or their guests’ possessions and personal property, or for any injuries sustained.
We reserve the right to update and or alter these terms and conditions as necessary and without notice.
As the Client, your confirmation by email and payment of the deposit denotes acceptance of the above terms & conditions. The laws of England & Wales will prevail at all times.
Ffosyrodyn – Client T&Cs 01 – Jan 23